Author Topic: 69 Precision body build  (Read 5205 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: 69 Precision body build
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 03:08:37 PM »
    Doesn't matter,  I am being paid good money to play and people love it. For the last four years I was cleaning toilets at night so my family had health care. It literally almost killed me.  I am happy to  play just about anything,  who am I to judge someone's music taste?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:19:45 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

jumbodbassman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 05:22:56 PM »
http://photobucket.com/user/godofthunder59/media/FB_IMG_1494415578443_zpsqjya6dfp.jpg.html. Hope the link works.  I find myself in a Fleetwood Mac tribute! I am pretty excited about it,  we travel quite a bit but it pays well enough so that I don't need a day job.  The 69 is a great match for the gig as John played a stripped natural 60's Precision before he got his Alembic. I love the Schaller pickup!  Lots of power,  great full tone and lacks the grunt the Dimarzio Model P has. Someone here gave it to me, I can't remember who but thanks!

that was me on the pickup....
Sitting in traffic somewhere between CT and NYC
JIM

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 07:00:59 PM »
    Doesn't matter,  I am being paid good money to play and people love it. For the last four years I was cleaning toilets at night so my family had health care. It literally almost killed me.  I am happy to  play just about anything,  who am I to judge someone's music taste?

That's being an entertainer.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 07:48:24 PM »
I am happy to  play just about anything,  who am I to judge someone's music taste?

And besides, McVie is a terrific bass player. The one time I've seen Fleetwood Mac I was almost shocked at how McVie and Fleetwood went together. Never a missed step, always perfect. I've never in my life seen a bassist and a drummer play so well together as those two did.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2018, 08:47:21 AM »
   Just back from Columbus Ohio!  This gig is a blast and I am having more fun than I can remember. Our drummer Ryan is great and we work very well together.  I have been studying MacVie's playing and there is a lot more there than at first blush, it's been a real eye opener! 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 05:31:31 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 08:16:37 PM »

:toast: