Author Topic: Home  (Read 11767 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Home
« on: April 15, 2016, 04:48:14 PM »
Well, as of this Friday, just gone, we signed off on the house we've been renting for the last 7 months which is now ours, excluding the 10% we owe the bank, which is all we needed to secure it...
Been somewhat distracted by the beauty of the Highlands, and the uncertainty of where we would be living, until we found out for sure the owner would sell, then all the fun of the legalese...

Done-and-dusted...

Beauty...? a 30 second exposure of a rather fine auroral display in early March, taken just outside our front door... that's one of our 15 pine trees... a fully mature Scot's pine, of which we have two...

Those of you who I call my friends, and you all know who you are, will be welcome to stay with us if you ever find yourself in the Highlands of Scotland... We're 2 miles off the main road down a single-track road and about 500' up with a clear view east, excluding the trees to the right of the house... 1/4 mile behind us is all forest up to the 1000' mark which is Ord Hill... the view's none to shabby... this was just before dawn back in September... presently trawling through the many thousands of pics I'm preparing to upload for a website...

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
Re: Home
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 05:19:40 PM »
Wow!  Gorgeous view.  Congratulations.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
Congrats Kenny!
What a beautiful shot there.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 06:26:51 PM »
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »
That truly looks exquisite. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:35 PM »
And lest you all forget: That part of Britain is gonna stick with us, meaning the EU, no matter what the tribe in the south with the Panamanian investor at the helm decides. You vote Brexit/Scotland flexit(s muscles)!  8)
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 10:18:28 PM »
Congrats, Ken.  :toast:

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 04:01:06 AM »
All the Best!  My grey squirrels are envious.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2016, 04:35:04 AM »
Those two pics would have made great covers with one of those esoteric labels like Windham Songs! Lovely. Or for a Runrig compilation.  8)

We were enchanted by Scotland when we were there. Those dumb Romans, forgot about the best part.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 07:54:04 AM »
Lovely photos, and a wonderful outcome!  Congratulations, Ken.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 10:35:53 AM »
Nice!  Congrats Ken

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »

Lovely Ken!

It's just outside Inverness? I don't recall if you said.

Don't be surprised if you see a Scotch toting Yank coming up the path someday  :)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »
I'll look forward to that (or the pair of you turning up) ... You can help me with my aircraft recog skills whilst we enjoy a dram... :mrgreen:

Inverness is just off centre-top in the pana pic, btw... I just have to redo the SG in Inverness Green

Billy... I have a pic on that site; more to follow... by sheer chance I had pulled over with Jackie and Roshina to try and spot some otters and settled for seeing an osprey, fresh in from Africa (  :o ) and a gent who let me use his scope to see it runs that squirrel site ... seriously small world ... :mrgreen:

I've bought the rights to a website name (passingplaces.co.uk) but not running it yet... FB page is running but just touching it so far... I'll post a link when I do the major upload...

Companies sending me up to Orkney a week Tuesday... I may actually sail through Scapa Flow... 8) I just can't believe that I'm getting paid to drive through these places...

Carlo... what will your Florida greys make of this little Lady... on the rail by our kitchen last month... ;)

Cheer's for the wishes Gents...

Oh yeah... Uwe... MSP elections next month... ;)
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 04:19:30 PM »
Congrats on the house, Ken!   :toast:

Great photos too... share that link to your site when you put it up

Highlander

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 04:50:15 PM »
Will do Joe... ;)